Yikes, this week was by far one of the craziest in a long time! I started this month knowing it would be busy, but had it all under control until a few unexpected things happened.
Things began unraveling for me last week while in the midst of the tedious and messy task of working on our taxes. In a conversation with a friend, I found out that there was a job opening posted at Abby and Ben's school. While, Chris and I had discussed my interest in going back to teaching next year if anything came open, I was not prepared. So, the millions of tax papers that were scattered about got piled and out came the old resumes. transcripts and certification papers. This was a super stressful task as it has been almost 12 years since I last looked for a job. In addition to that, the schools tend to hire quickly and if you don't get in the pool right away, you can miss the boat! Anyway, after conquering some writer's block and getting the chance to reconnect with former co-workers, I submitted my application and am anxiously waiting.
In the middle of this, I received a coupon from Shutterfly for 50% off my photobook, which is equal to about $100, but it was only good until Wednesday and in the several years I've been making photobooks, I've never gotten this big of a coupon!!! Unfortunately, I was a little behind on my 2010 photobook. (I just finished 2009 over Christmas break!!!) Anyway, I couldn't pass up this deal, so I spent endless hours downloading pictures and staying up late to create my book. I did get it done and with all my coupons my $208 book cost me $75, so I was quite pleased (especially since the garage door broke and a new one will cost over $1000) : (
Along with my teaching application, my Shutterfly photobook and our taxes, I am also the chairperson for the Carnival Committee at Abby and Ben's school. This week began all the craziness of getting that organized. We had Open House Thursday which is our big volunteer sign up day and also one of the days Miss Katy was sick : (
Once Thursday night was over, I was able to breath again. Then Friday was a my day to regroup! Katy and I ran to Peoria in the morning to run a few errands, we washed the car and cleaned the house, none of which sound fabulous, but along with the sunshine, it made surprisingly for a very happy, relaxing day! Friday night I was able to get away for the evening to play Bunco with a fun bunch of girls. I guess now that I have recovered from the craziness, I need to get back to my taxes and volunteer sign up sheets!!!
Good luck with your job application!
ReplyDelete