At school, Katy has been learning about community helpers. Today's helpers were restaurant workers. The kids made super cute menus by cutting out pictures of food and gluing them into a file folder.
Katy brought hers home and at lunch time we played restaurant! I made the kids their requested macaroni and cheese then added some fruit and carrots to their plates. Soon after having delivered their meals, Katy says, "Ummm waitress, you messed up our orders. We did not order carrots." I assured her that they just come with the mac and cheese and that they are super delicious when dipped in ranch dressing. She then turns to her friends and says, "don't eat them, she's lying!" I told her that the chef said that they could get their money back if they tried them and didn't like them. Low and behold, they tried them and actually ate them!
No comments:
Post a Comment