Saturday, January 15, 2011

Charlie is found!

Thursday night on our way home from Ben's basketball practice.  Katy wanted to know if God could help us find Charlie.  I told her that we could say a prayer and ask God to help lead us to Charlie's hiding spot, so she insisted that we say a prayer together in the van. 

When we got home, we got busy with dinner, homework, baths, etc and really they didn't have a chance to look for him before bedtime.  I promised Ben that I would keep looking as we tucked him in bed with two of his other dogs, Chuck and Bernie.  Bernie was alway his second favorite dog when he was little, and often filled in when Charlie was missing.  Chuck is just a Charlie wannabe who really hasn't had much playtime! 

I think at this point I had turned the house upside down and was probably more of a wreck than Ben at the possibility that he could be gone for good.  So, I continued looking after Ben was in bed and again the next morning after he was at school. 

Ben was supposed to go on his first trip away from home without mom and dad Friday night.  I was really worried about how that would go if he didn't have Charlie.  So, I was bound and determined to find him.  I went upstair and checked under his bed for the millionth time and checked several other places in his room.  Everytime, I passed by the corner of his bed, I tripped on the bed.  At first I decided that I was just a klutz and then I thought about my conversation in the car with Katy about God guiding us to Charlie.  I looked under the bed again and he still wasn't there!!!  But I thought well maybe it was a sign to keep  checking the bed.  I went back to his pillows and picked them all up and looked at them.  There was nothing under them and none of them appeared to have anything stuffed in them.  Then something made me decide to stick my hand in each of them which is where Charlie was hiding! 

Ben had put Charlie inside the pillow when he was cleaning up his fort the other night and forgot to take him out when he got upstairs!  Charlie's stuffing is so flattened that he didn't even make a bump in the pillow that Ben had slept on the last 2 nights while missing Charlie!  I tucked him into Ben's bed in the middle of the other dogs.  I couldn't wait for Ben to come home and find him there just in time to pack him for their weekend in Chicago with his cousin Carter.

Update on Katy's apple obsession!
  Katy has finished a 5lb bag of apples eating 2-3 per day.  Yesterday, she came in the kitchen and said, "I am going to eat an apple.  I know a tooth is ready to be broken out!"  I think the tooth fairy should come leave her a note and some money!


Abby News!
Abby got glasses!  She is super excited!  Several of her friends have gotten glasses this year and Abby was a bit envious!  So, when the eye doctor said she needed them, she was thrilled!  The night after she got them she said, "When they come in, you need to take my picture and put it on facebook because I am super cute in them!"  So much for modesty!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment