Today, I finally got around to doing some of my summer "to do" list! I cleaned the garage and then got started on the basement. While going through some old boxes I found the scrapbooks I had started for Abby and Ben when they were born. It was both heartwarming and sad! After letting the kids look them over and sending them up to get ready for bed, I sat down and looked at them. Abby's is mostly cute pictures arranged so "cleverly and cutely!" I admired my youthful face from 8 years ago and kick myself for not appreciating it then. I admired my skinny arms and stomach...kicking self again for not realizing that if ever there would have been a time for a bikini, it was then! My mind also wandered to remembering what it was like to only have one child! Then I picked up Ben's, which I took a different approach to. All the pages were constructed of the same paper and embellishments in a nice, crisp blue. It was very clean and less cutesy than the first one. This book I had a monthly journal telling about Ben. I sat and read them each. They were filled with little bits of his life that I would never have remembered if they weren't there. That's when the true sadness hit me. I've been busy living life and enjoying each moment as they came, but somewhere along the journey, I forgot to remember each little bit of happiness!
After putting the books back on the shelf, I headed upstairs to check my email before going to bed. There I found lots of junk mail with a thank you hidden in the middle. It was from a friend I met at Ben's preschool who was thanking me for coming to her mama's margarita night out last Thursday. She had a good time and so did I! I met some new fabulous girls that I hope to get to know better! In her email she included a link to one of the other girls' blog. So I thought I would check it out! It was fabulous and inspired me to make my own! She included her daily praises which included all the little things in life....the little bits of happiness that brighten each day and shouldn't be forgotten. So here I will keep the things that make it all worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment